Technical Customer Service Representative
Create.com is bringing awesome web hosting back! For years, the industry has been swallowed up and outsourced, and we are on a mission to create a company built on the culture of keeping customers first by creating intuitive, easy to use products. As a Customer Service Representative, you will focus on the helping customers succeed on daily contacts over chats, phones, tickets. and even social media channels.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is self-motivated when presented with challenging problems, and is passionate about customer service.
We're just getting started, so you have the chance to come in and help us build our brand. Your contributions will be extremely important as you will be the first line of communication with our customers. We take pride in creating frictionless experiences for our customers and employees each and every day!
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a proven track record of reliable performance and dependability in a support focused environment.
- Has an insatiable curiosity and isn’t afraid to dive deep into their work
- Likes to experiment with new ideas and is not afraid to fail
- Is transparent about their processes, goals, and obstacles
- Knows how to communicate directly and effectively
- Values empathy and works well with others
- Can learn quickly on the job and isn’t afraid to ask questions
- Is reasonably security-minded with balanced expectations
- Be the front line, first point of contact for our customers
- Assist in a wide variety of issues including presale questions, billing and general support
- Use critical thinking and problem solving to try and resolve issues without escalation
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with websites, email, and other related services
- Love for helping people and working in a diverse environment
- Basic knowledge of web hosting including cPanel, Wordpress, FTP, DNS, Softaculous, etc
- General knowledge of internet technologies for small businesses
- 1-2 Years of Customer Service
- Be able to type 40+ WPM
- Be able to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Nice to haves:
- Advanced DNS understanding
- Advanced knowledge of Wordpress and the plugin environment
- Fluent HTML
- Experience in a wide range of web applications such as: Wordpress, Magento, Prestacart, etc.
- Experience with WHMCS